Gender-Responsive Basic Education Policy
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Gender-Responsive Basic Education Policy in line with its Gender and Development (GAD) mandate as stipulated in the 1987 Philippine Constitution, Republic Act (RA) No. 9710 or the Magna Carta of Women (MCW), RA 10533 or the Enhanced Basic Education Act of 2013, and the Philippines’ International Human Rights Commitments to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), and the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) among others.
- Through this policy, the DepEd commits to integrate the principles of gender equality, gender equity, gender sensitivity, non-discrimination and human rights, in the provision and governance of basic education. This is in line with the DepEd’s mandate to ensure access to quality basic education for all.
- This policy is consistent with the DepEd’s vision, mission, values, and mandate.
- This policy will remain in force and in effect unless repealed, amended, or rescinded. All issuances inconsistent with this Order are hereby rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)ATTY. ALBERTO T. MUYOT